Whether using a marketplace or an eCommerce website, this Masterclass will provide you with the tools and understanding required to develop your online sales platforms, business model and strategy. The masterclass combines three interlinked, action orientated workshops designed to provide you with the knowledge, tools and support needed to attract new customers online and to attract them back time and again.
- Workshop 1: Tuesday 29th June 2021 – 9:30 to 11:30am
- Workshop 2: Tuesday 6th July 2021- 9:30 to 11:30am
- Workshop 3: Tuesday 13th July 2021 – 9:30 to 11:30am
- Workshop 1: Tuesday 5th October 2021 – 1 – 3pm
- Workshop 2: Tuesday 12th October 2021 – 1 – 3pm
- Workshop 3: Tuesday 19th October 2021 – 1 – 3pm
Workshop 1: Creating an online sales strategy
This two-hour workshop will begin the development of your online sales strategy.
- Explore different business models and methods of selling online
- Discover the different tactics and approaches required to attract customers locally and internationally.
- Develop an understanding of what customers expect when buying online and what provides them confidence.
- Explore the different tools and platforms available to support online sales and transactions.
- Post workshop exercise: develop an outline plan covering; what are you going to sell, who is in the market, your market position, why you are different.
Workshop 2: Developing your business model and online platform
The second of three workshops will begin to delve deeper into the development of your online sales strategy.
- Discussion to review the post workshop exercise and Identify if people have expanded their ideas around what and where to sell online.
- Explore potential issues and barriers to selling online such as, cross border sales, import taxes etc.
- Introduce a requirement capture template to support the development of the business model, project plan and technical specification.
- Post workshop exercise: using the template and toolkit, identify requirements for sales channels and the online platform that you propose using (e.g Marketplace, Web Builder, Bespoke)
Workshop 3: Implementing your online sales strategy and platform
This workshop will focus on bringing it all together and delivering your online sales strategy.
- Discussion to review post workshop exercise and delegates emerging plans.
- Develop end to end customer journeys and identify critical system and process integrations
- Explore how the sales platform will interact with the digital marketing strategy.
- Identify the support and resources required to move the plan forward and how Digital Tech Cumbria can provide ongoing support.
About the facilitator:
An experienced e-business professional with over 15 years of experience in the application of technology to assist with company growth, helping business to develop the strategic and technical operations and build successful e-Business and e-Commerce strategies. Currently Director of a successful small business providing Business and IT Consultancy services, with a focus on developing both strategy and solutions that fit both the business objectives and provide a platform for growth, whether this is through the implementation of IT systems, staff development or focused digital activities to enhance customer interactions and experience through a range of digital channels.
Working with many businesses across multiple sectors has assisted James to develop a clear ability to demystify technology, enabling non-technical people to fully understand both the application and benefits of using technology within a business. Delivers a mix of seminars, workshops and consultancy on the use of eBusiness technologies to transform enterprise and assist with growth. Has multiple examples to demonstrate his track record showing how he is helped businesses to grow and positively change the way they work.
Please note to attend these Masterclasses, you need to be situated in Cumbria, UK and have signed up or are interested in signing up to the Digital Tech Cumbria Programme.