Automating simple and repetitive tasks in your business can be a lot easier and more cost effective than you think. This Masterclass will provide you with the tools and understanding required to identify tasks from across your business that can be automated, how to get the best out of your existing technology and how to go about the automation process.The masterclass combines three interlinked, action orientated workshops designed to provide you with the knowledge, tools and support needed to identify and automate processes across your business.By the end of the masterclass you will have identified which processes to automate, how you can use your existing technology to drive automation and developed an implementation plan.
Watch this short video to find out more about the masterclass from Andrew
- Workshop 1: Thursday 17th June 2021 – 1 – 3pm
- Workshop 2: Thursday 24th June 2021 – 1 – 3pm
- Workshop 3: Thursday 1st July 2021 – 1 – 3pm
Workshop 1: Understanding and identifying opportunities for automation
This two-hour workshop will develop your understanding of automation and to spot opportunities for automation from across your business.
- What is automation and how does it relate to your business?
- Identify how you could use your existing technology to automate processes across your business e.g. finance, production, administration, marketing, customer service etc.
- Understand where new software may be required to automate processes.
- Identify opportunities for automation and how to go about it.
- Post workshop exercise: each attendee to choose something they can easily automate to begin with and without the need for external agency support.
Workshop 2: Implementing automation in your business
The second of three workshops will begin to firm up your automation opportunities and frame their implementation.
- Discussion to review your post workshop exercise and what automation opportunities delegates have identified.
- Defining your automation project requirements and how best to tackle implementation.
- Begin to explore more advanced automation strategies and options and future technology needs.
- Discuss some of the downsides to automation and how to address these challenges.
- Post workshop exercise: develop an internal project team and outline implementation plan, outlining key skill, how you will achieve buy in and resources and critical success factors
Workshop 3: Implementing your automation plan
This workshop will focus on bringing it all together and delivering your automations.
- Discussion to review post workshop exercise and delegates ideas on how they will implement their automation plan and their key learning points.
- Delivering an effective automation project, overcoming obstacles and managing change.
- Define how you will measure the success of your automation
- Define how you will refine and adapt your automations over time and identify new automation opportunities.
- Discussion to review plans, identify skills requirements and to identify the resources and support available to execute the plan.
About the facilitator:
Andrew Armitage is the founder and director of multi award-winning digital agency A Digital. With over 20 years’ experience working on digital projects for companies including ExxonMobil and the NHS, leading visitor attraction Windermere Lake Cruises and renowned paper manufacturer James Cropper plc, Andrew has seen and worked on website projects of all sizes.
A Digital typically work with B2B clients in professional services, tourism and hospitality, manufacturing, food and drink and both B2B and B2C eCommerce. Andrew’s passion is demonstrating the benefits technology can bring to businesses with great design, and sharing his knowledge so others can raise their digital game to drive business growth in the modern economy.
Please note to attend these Masterclasses, you need to be situated in Cumbria, UK and have signed up or are interested in signing up to the Digital Tech Cumbria Programme.